What is Monkeytype?
Monkeytype is a typing website. Jack Miodec created this high-quality typing website in 2021 to help players record their typing speed. The system keeps a fair record of all your past typing speed history for future reference.
Users can choose either of the following theme modes.
- Dark Mode
- Light Mode
Thankfully, the Monkeytype has a setting icon that gives you the right to alter the settings as you please. Feel at liberty to chance:
How to sign up on the Monkeytype?
New users need to visit Monkeytype to create an account. Click the person icon next to the settings icon. Thirdly, you’ll have to enter your private information such as:
- Email Address
Have you done that? Please click the ‘Sign Up’ button to submit your information. It might need you to verify your email address. Next, you can click the key in these details and click the ‘Sign In’ option to log in to your new account.
- Customizable font
- Customizable themes
- Smooth Carets
- Account system for speed test recording
- Has shortcuts
- Good word highlighting
- Accurately record one’s typing speed
- It’s free
- It’s strictly browser-based
- One must be online to do the test.
- It is strictly one-player
Why Monkeytype is the Best Typing Website in 2022
I am sure that there are tens of typing websites available for you in 2022. Notable platforms include RapidTyping, TypingTest, and TypeOnline. However, Monkeytype is the most sought-after typing site for multiple reasons.
Here they are in detail.
1. Customizable settings
Users prefer a typing platform that gives them the freedom to customize the settings as they like. For instance, you can change the theme or mode if need be. Take, for example, if you made a typing error, you can turn on the freedom mode to rectify that error.
2. It has multiple shortcuts
Research shows that millions of internet users gravitate towards a customer-friendly website. A site such as the Monkeytype supports shortcuts to make it easier for you to navigate its platform. For example, you can use the tab + enter shortcut to restart the typing test.
3. Upholds user privacy
Most typing platforms do not have a sign-in requirement. The consoling part is that Monkeytype expects a user to log in to their account to start the typing test. Therefore, random strangers can access your confidential data, such as typing test records.
4. Quick signup process
It has a simple and quick registration process. All a new user must do is follow 2 simple steps to create a new account. The first step is to fill in your details, including:
- Email Address
The second step is to click the ‘Sign Up’ button to submit your personal details. It may send you a verification link to verify your account and get started.
5) Sell affordable merchandise
Users can equally access budget-friendly merchandise such as t-shirts. Imagine you can get a hoodie for as low as $49.99. Similarly, you can equally get a long-sleeved shirt for $29.99. All you need to do is visit the Monkeytype store to place your order.
6) No input delays
I can tell that you’ve ever used a delayed cursor at some point in your life. How pissed off did it make you feel? It’s even worse if you type on sites with input delays. It ends up causing an accurate recording of one’s typing speed.
6 Best & Top Rated Monkeytype Alternatives
1. Typing Club
The TypingClub is a program that features typing challenges and games. A participant listens to a voice-over and types as fast they possibly can to qualify to move to the next level. Thousands of transcription beginners prefer this platform to horn their skills.
Interestingly, TypingClub encourages participants to take part in one hand typing. Are you single-handed? I encourage you to use this program to improve your typing skills. Therefore, do not let your condition limit your potential.
Technically, this typing platform has a badge system that includes badges such as:
- Weekend Hero
- Fiery Typist
- The Heavyweight
- Keyboard crusher
How to sign up?
Visit TypingClub and click the ‘Start Your 3-Day Free Trial’. You must select between the Premium Monthly or the Premium Annually pricing option to start the free trial.
Be informed that you must provide your credit card details. The platform will deduct the subscription fee once the free trial expires.
- It gives multiple replay attempts
- Badge System
- Gives Audio feedback
- Quick and standard navigation
- Large fonts
- Totally ads-free
- Highly accessible
- Extremely interactive
- Available in numerous languages
- Free version has no tests
Alexa Epshteyn founded the famous TypeRacer, a browser-based typing platform, in 2008. This multiplayer typing platform features numerous typing tests for the users. A player can compete fairly in the typing test with online adversaries. TypeRacer breaks the typing race into different skill levels.
The best part is that you can invite over 200 friends to compete with them on this platform. All a player needs to do is click the ‘Race Your Friends’ button. The system will automatically generate an invite link for sharing purposes.
Don’t hesitate to copy the link and share it with your buddies on platforms such as:
A player can choose to either log in to their account or use a Guest nickname to participate in this online typing race.
How to sign up?
New players need to visit TypeRacer to create a new account. Please click the ‘Create an account’ button to get started. TypeRacer requires you to key in information like:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Month of Birth
- Year of Birth
I strongly encourage you to submit accurate personal details. The platform will ask you to enter these details in the event that you forget your password. The final step is to click the ‘Sign Up’ option once you enter the right details.
Participants must never forget that TypeRacer has 4 skill levels such as:
- Beginner Level
- Intermediate Level
- Average Level
- Pro Level
- Multiplayer Online Typing Game
- Has 4 different skill levels
- Timing System
- Exists in 50 international languages
- Has no login requirement
- It’s a multiplayer game
- Highly competitive
- Advanced levels are incredibly hard
- Involves too many punctuations
- An ad-free option isn’t free
Keybr is a highly reliable online typing platform that gingerly enhances the users’ typing speed. The developer embedded multiple intelligent algorithms that generate helpful typing lessons and quizzes to improve one’s skills. Keybr mainly features a beginner and an advanced mode.
Fascinatingly, Keybr supports various international languages such as:
Apart from that, the platform allows you to select your preferred keyboard layout. Currently, you’re free to select any of the following layouts.
- US Qwerty
- UK layout
- US Colemak Layout
- US Dvorak Layout
Would you like to participate in a typing test? At present, Keybr features a 15 sec,30 sec, and a 60-second test. It’s up to the participant to select their test duration of choice. More often than not, the platform has a 100,500 and a 1,000-character test.
How to log in?
Users must visit www.keybr.com/account to log in to their account. As some may know, this platform allows you to sign up using your Gmail or Facebook account. Because of this, you need to click the third party you used during registration.
Strangely, Keybr has no password login requirement. Therefore, all you need to do is submit your correct email address and click the ‘Send Sign-In Link’
- Error forgiveness functionality
- Customizable cursor shape
- Customizable cursor movements
- Enable/disable cursor click sound
- Has light and dark modes
- It’s a multiplayer platform
- Offers Guided lessons
- It’s ads-free
- Has multiple typing test options
- Customizable Settings
- No annoying input delay
- Doesn’t charge a membership fee
- It’s a multiplayer platform
- Internet connection is a must
Ratatype is a popular international typing platform that attracts thousands of fast typing enthusiasts. Here’s the best part, Ratatype offers a free typing test in different languages such as:
Today, Ratatype supports specific keyboard layouts such as:
- Ukrainian layout
- German Layout
- Spanish Layout
- English Layout
- Portuguese Layout
Interestingly, Ratatype offers 20 impressive lessons on its platform. Ordinarily, each of these lessons has 25 helpful exercises.
Users must know that there are multiple Ratatype versions for various countries like:
How to register?
New users can visit Ratatype and click the ‘Sign Up’ option next to the ‘Login’ link. The platform permits you to either Sign Up with Your Facebook or Gmail account. Additionally, you must provide details like:
- Full Names
- Email Address
Lastly, you confirm that you’ve read RaraType’s terms and conditions then click the ‘Sign Up’ option. Afterward, you can click the ‘Login’ and key in your login credentials to access your newly created account.
- Typing Courses and Exercise
- Typing Test Certificate to Top Scorers
- User-friendly Interface
- Group Learning Support
- Responsive Customer Support
- Highly Interactive
- Free courses
- Available in numerous languages
- Gives typing certificate online
- Ads are removable
- Highly versatile
- Rewards top scorers
- Short typing test duration
5. Key Hero
Key Hero is a well-designed and user-friendly typing test platform. The platform keeps an accurate record of your past typing performance. Therefore, you can see your typing speed, accuracy, and typing duration.
The beauty of Key Hero is that the platform displays the results of top players on their platform. The display will include details like:
- WPM results
Are you ready to start the typing test? You need to click the ‘Play’ button below the ‘‘Typing Test-Play Now! ’You can take as many tests as you please to improve your typing speed.
How to register?
For you to sign up, you must visit the Key Hero and click the ‘Register’. Since its invention, the platform authorizes new users to sign up with Yahoo, Google, or Facebook. Although, you’ll have to log in to the respective platform first to proceed with Key Hero’s platform.
If you don’t want to rely on a third-party tool, you must enter your username and password to sign up. You must provide the same credentials to log in to your newly created Key Hero account.
- Login Requirement
- Third-Party Sign-Up Leeway
- Regular statistical display
- Top Performers Dashboard
- Sentence Corrector
- New Player Statistics
- Keeps a record of past typing performance
- Supports 3 international languages
- Helps improve one’s typing speed
- Quite interactive
- Offers unlimited lessons
- Available for free
- You need an internet connection
6. Typing Cat
Typing Cat is a highly preferred typing platform that offers custom/basic, official, and User-Generated typing courses. The Basic course consists of 15 tasks in total.
Apart from that Typing Cat features multiple Typing games, including:
Users can take part in a 1-minute,3-minute, and 5-minute typing test conveniently. Premium subscribers can customize their settings as they like. For instance, you can customize the fundamental settings below.
- Font Size
How to sign up?
Any fast-typing admirer can create an account by visiting the Typing Cat sign-up form. You should click on ‘Get Your FREE Account Today’ Kindly type in essential information, for instance:
- Different typing options
- Numerous keyboard layouts
- Various themes
- Multiple Pricing Options
- Customizable settings
- Ranking System
- Many Typing Courses
- ReCAPTCHA Requirement
- Contains no ads
- Gives many typing speed tests
- Registration is free
- Offers multiple typing courses
- Quick sign-up process
- Easy to recover your account after forgetting your password.
- Typing duration is unreasonable
1. My Blind Son Needs a Platform That Will Help Him Train On Fast Typing. Which Platform Suits Him Best?
I strongly recommend that he consider using TypingClub. This platform has a blind setting under the user’s profile. Apart from that, the platform has additional favorable settings such as:
- High contrast display
- Large Font
- Voice Over
Feel free to start your typing exercise once the interface opens. Your son can use the Ctrl + Shift +Esc shortcut to go to the menu directly.
2. Is It Possible To Improve Text Visibility On The Typing Club Website?
Yes, it is! TypingClub has specific settings such as customizable fonts and themes. I recommend dark mode and extra-large font to learners with low vision. Additionally, you’ll have to select the ‘Low Vision’ setting.
3. What Are Some Of The Terms And Conditions Of The Monkeytype?
Monkeytype’s terms of service include:
- The account holder is solely responsible for what he does on the platform
- You’re responsible for the security of your account.
- No account holder can upload unlawful content
- No account holder can upload adult content on Monkeytype.
- It can deactivate an account for whatever reason.
- No account holder can upload disrespectful content or posts
- You can’t harass anybody on the Monkeytype
- Account holders must abide by the terms to enjoy uninterrupted Monkeytype services.
4. Does Monkeytype Responsible For Content Contained In Linked Site Links?
No, it doesn’t! Accordingly, to Monkeytype’s terms of service, the platform isn’t responsible for any content on linked sites. For this reason, users have to research more about such information. You wouldn’t want to get in trouble for trusting a foreign site.
5. I Really Like the Monkeytype Platform A Lot. Is There A Way I Can Support It?
Yes, there is! Here are 4 particular ways to support this typing platform.
- Enabling Ads: you can support this platform by enabling ads to run on this platform. Remember that advertisers pay the platform to display their advertisements.
- Purchase merchandise: unlike other platforms, Monkeytype sells multiple products such as t-shirts. Both the Monkey swing and the Typing Monkey shirt costs $24.99.
- Becoming a patron: you can become a supporter, an awesome supporter, or a super supporter. More often than not, such supporters pay 1,3 and 5 pounds respectively.
- Donations: Monkeytype equally accepts donations from customers. All you ought to do is to visit www.ko-fi.com and click the ‘Donate’ button.
6. I Have Noticed a Few Vulnerability On The Monkeytype. Can I Notify Customer Care?
Yes, you can! Monkeytype permits any user to notify them of any existing vulnerability. All you need to do is to disclose the vulnerability via email. I urge you to describe the vulnerability in detail, including a few screenshots and concept proof.
7. I Would Like To See The List of Keybr’s High Performers? How Can I Access It?
Unlike other typing test platforms, Keybr displays a complete list of its high scorers on its platform. You have the freedom to visit High Scores to see the top scorers, their typing speed, and their score. Right now the top scorer is Italian Galliform with a monumental score of 112166 points.
8. I Mainly Use My Laptop to Access My Monkeytype Account. Is It Possible to Access My Account Without Having To Login All the Time?
Yes, it is! What you need to do is to enable the ‘Remember Me’ when logging in to your account. However, you must not clear your cache and cookies. Remember that sensitive data such as login credentials are stored in the cookies. I opine that you don’t bookmark Monkeytype’s page lest someone will misbehave on your account.
9 . I Don’t Like the Volume Level Of My Monkeytype Account. What Should I Do?
It permits its customers to customize their settings to their liking. For instance, you can go to the sound section of your Monkeytype’s settings to lower the volume. At this point in time, you can either select the quiet, medium, or loud setting.
10. I Would Like to See the List Of Monkeytype’s Users With a WPM Accuracy of Over 90%?
You must visit the Leaderboard section to see the full list of participants with a WPM accuracy of 90% and above. The dashboard displays the user’s name, WPM accuracy score, and participation date. More often than not, Monkeytype updates the dashboard after every 5 minutes.
Typing fast not only saves you time but can help you take notes quickly during lectures. Similarly, you rarely miss any essential minute items during a meeting. Additionally, quick typing skills prepare college students for their careers in fields such as law and medicine.
Therefore, I strongly urge you to enhance your typing skills on the Monkeytype.